Here is a great dinner idea when you are short on time and money, but still want to feed your family well. Craig even said that “we should do more of this stuff”. He said that if he were a single guy, he would eat a version of this everyday!
I have adapted this vegetable mixture many times since we had it at a friends’ house a couple of years ago. At first it seemed strange, but quickly became a mainstay in our house. This dish is also great if there are leftovers to add a scrambled egg for an easy power breakfast.
I couldn’t really come up with a great name so we are going to call this Sweet Potato & Pepper Primal Mix
- red, orange, and/or yellow pepper, 1 of each, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- olive oil, enough to cover the mixture well
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary (about 1 teaspoon of each)
- 1 pound ground beef
- Add chopped vegetables to a pyrex dish and drizzle with olive oil and season. Place in a preheated 400 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, brown the ground beef.
- Stir the two together and you have one of the easiest, frugal, healthy dinners out there!
What are some of your go to quick primal recipes?